Páginas

Ajude a manter esse blog

sexta-feira, abril 12, 2019

Evil force (English version)

(This is a rush translation. The version may not be in its final form.)

I was exhausted and bewildered. What other tortures would he suffer? Would the executioner, the spy, the man of faith come to disturb my body and mind? My lookout began to tell his delirious story: "At first, I was about 18, called my parents from school asking me not to go. Soon they hid people and burned books. 


The newspapers said: A glorious day for the country! I stopped at the corner to talk to colleagues. A policeman approached, furious: More than two is a rally, he said. The university was surrounded. We started taking drugs in a crazy gesture of rebellion. We were taken to a labor camp, or, as we later discovered, extermination through work. We took minerals from the earth, lived dirty, without food, without medicines, rotting. The lice sucked and grew. There were many in the mental confusion he was in, and having heard that nervous anxieties engendered hallucinations with insects through the body and infested the houses, he wondered whether hell was not the result of the disorganization of our brain. 

Many cried and had fits of fury banging their heads against the wall, or they began to shake, or speak to the dead with their eyes fixed. One of them called for his mother all night, but we did not even listen. We started eating the infected lice in our desperation. My father finally discovered my whereabouts and bought the guards for me to be transferred here. "I remembered the joyful child he had been and how he liked riding horses and eating blackberries in the field. What other tortures would he suffer? That night, who would upset my body and mind?


Afonso Junior Ferreira de Lima, 2012
https://afonsojunior.blogspot.com/2012/12/forca-maligna-eu-estava-exausto-e.html

Nenhum comentário: