Páginas

Ajude a manter esse blog

domingo, abril 21, 2019

The archaeologist's discovery (English version)

(This is a rush translation. The version may not be in its final form.)

When I created a fictitious country, being a geo-archaeologist and artist, I just wanted to make an irony with the forgery of objects that is flooding the antique sales. I created maps, artifacts, tapestries, created false excavations, and detailed the vestiges of the magical land.
Was there something like this in Spain? First, an amateur archaeologist confirmed my findings with photos. Later, a lecture at a German university citing my writings and drawings. Then auction objects of the fictitious world. Then TV, and I confess that I was silent about the improbable effect. It proved the influence of the "barbarian" in the heart of Civilization. I blamed myself for giving evidence as evidence in very real illustrations. For example, the scene of the Brazilian dance at the marriage of the daughter of Henry II and Catherine, Elizabeth, with Philip II in 1550.

When my maps were exhibited in the gallery of the Museum of Light, it was no use telling me of their falseness. The lines roamed the corridors with the euphoric surprise of a new discovery. Science magazines debated my ideas seriously. I was surprised when an old book in a library seemed to confirm my finding: but I could not be sure that the work was prior to my creation.
A reporter proposed a documentary. I decided to check if my kingdom could be forged. One can not always observe the real, however: one has to imagine it. I put together arguments to prove the improbability of fabricated civilization. The scientific community came after me, even before the show went on the air, and Television gave up the project.

I started retreating to my mansion in the hills. This "real" world was not collapsible.
Once a month, I walk for two hours to visit the museum about my strange country. How many museums were gaining from this past? I walked in the silence, it is as if the shadows of my art watched me sinister. I remembered the Arab philosophers, for whom magic with sounds and the names of God was permitted, but never with the Daemons.

Afonso Junior Ferreira de Lima
2019
https://afonsojunior.blogspot.com/2019/04/a-descoberta-do-arqueologo.html

Nenhum comentário: