Páginas

Ajude a manter esse blog

sábado, julho 06, 2019

Mercurius - part 1/3 (English version)

Mercurius – parte 1


                                                                                                                 Afonso Jr. Ferreira de Lima





Biblioteca Nacional
535801, em 03/08/2011

Mercurius - parte 1/2 


*


I awoke from my memories when the sage said:

- Hymns, prayers, sermons, worship of statues, sacred banquets, ritual kisses, symbols of the spiritual elite. They were groups that followed holy men in the Roman and Hellenistic period. They were to renounce the world, despising the world. The text was sacred.

We heard a bang.
- Quickly!

He showed me a trapdoor, down a ladder into the rock. I heard an explosion. I was quiet for a moment.
Then I ran as hard as I could down the stone corridor.
I went out on a field at the edge of a forest. Only then did I understand where I was, I saw a mansion with two Gothic towers, but the landscape told me that we were still in Brazil. The building was on fire and I wanted to scream, wondering where that man had gone.
I heard a voice coming from the woods.
- Come on! Hide.

I could not think too much, the voice seemed friendly to me. I ran to the middle of the trees. A woman with a purple cloak and a bow in her hands came to meet me.

- My name is Nuriá, but they call me Vampiric. Let us help you.
- What happened here? I asked.
- You must be safe first.

She started to run and I followed. We came to a clearing, and there were many of them, in leather coats and Victorian style, on many bikes.

- These are your friends now. Climb.

We walked a considerable time. Sometimes someone chanted a mantra, imposing a kind of amulet. My mind wandered, I tried to gather strength to understand all that. Suddenly, I felt my strength drain away, I was really exhausted. I fell asleep.

I woke up in a stone chamber, lit by candles. It looked warm and beautiful, there was a delicate scent of myrrh in the air. But I was fed up with odd scenarios. I must have mumbled something, and a bearded, kind man approached, in a black velvet jacket with a blue vest, clearly imitating an esthete of Burne Jones's time. He offered me a glass of wine and fruit. Behind him was Vampiric, a young blonde with braids and leather clothes - which, in fact, reminded Xena - and a handsome young man with a melancholy face.

- Eat. You slept for twelve hours. My name is Üle, a fancy name. Yes, there is a reason to fear. There are forces out there that we do not control. Not only does the world seem to be a stage of opposing forces, with gods in their favor and gods against, as we ourselves are battlefields, as the Greeks wanted. Yes, we are friends. He must be thinking who we are and how we find him. We are the Vampirians, a group that gathers to celebrate and watch over the vampires. Do not worry, we do not drink blood. 

I ate and drank voraciously.

- Well, at first we just wanted to live in Victorian ways, we wanted a bit of romanticism, ritual, mystery. We fought to escape the standards, against the empire of the publicized bodies. We wanted magic, the past, the invisible. Nobody can be so skinny, even the models go hungry to stay that way. We wanted to think of ways of living other than the ideology of consumerism and accumulation, we thought that our world was structurally violent, with the concentration of power and unification of consciousness, which made frustration, envy, rivalry and contempt the pillars of our society. We saw the world with a lot of technology, but little wisdom to live, to distinguish the most important and the least. Can you recognize your feelings? To distance yourself from them? Can you forgive? How do you react when things do not go the way they should?
The melancholy face.
- We believed that democracy needed equality and so - if native peoples had been enslaved or killed, without the survivors having had much access to the new code of symbolic goods - democracy was under construction, and still on the foundations. We were fed up with racist teenagers, homophobic and middle-class intellectuals who despised the poor as solid waste and spoke of "welfareist fascism." Educated people, but narrow-minded and uncompromising, unable to open up to new issues, guided by intellectual prejudice, without self-awareness and self-criticism, patience. "Well informed" people, but who do not have access to information from the contradictory, other social fields, other points of view, and end up obsessed with their own principles and the values ​​of their community. Previously, we only held conferences against marketing for babies and recalled Einstein's phrase: "It's the theory that decides what can be observed."

He sighed deeply and looked thoughtfully over the horizon.
- Until we realized there was a lot at stake. Blood-drinking beings existed.

I thought of saying "you're not going to convince me of this madness, bunch of freaks," but before I could complete the thought, he said:

- Think about what you saw. Yes, I read my thoughts a little. Not everything, a little. If the person is open. Who were they? At home? Well, there are evil spirits that can be realized for some time on Earth, and we call them Ushers, in honor of Poe. Our friend Ariel saw them before we could arrive.

"And who was that man?"

- H. P. is an intellectual, Doctor of Law, versed in Philosophy, Philology and related, who has been working for more than 40 years to research the supernatural. Many say it has reached a degree of wisdom that can speak to the spirits of nature. We maintained regular contact, despite hermit's style. He was waiting for you, he warned us. Oh, you want to know about your friend. He probably died. He was taken by the Lord, and yes, you were right.
*
AJR, 2011
veja também -


Nenhum comentário: