Páginas

Ajude a manter esse blog

terça-feira, junho 18, 2019

The Other World (English version)

(This is a rush translation. The version may not be in its final form.)
*
"The strength, the spirit of attack, the decision must prevail over useless mental activities and colonies of peaceful and degenerate aesthetes. Beautiful and strength are the way to Progress," said the Prime Minister.

Then we went shopping at the Universal Exhibition. I was 16 years old, I was happy.

"The fascination of the body," my white-haired friend said. "Is there a flaw? I mean, in our world."

I watched a parade of young men rushing inside of external skeletal prostheses. She was a "confused radicalized." But coming from a noble family, she can never be arrested.

"The intellect project as a race leader did not work, our academy created a problem.

I hated it when these dark reflections began. I dismissed the subject for the show that started on stage. "Sex and Freedom" was a group of young black men who had achieved success recently.

My friend said quietly, "Of the native you can not encourage more than physical strength."

She had always been a financial failure. In her house, full of cats, digital archives of interviews, icons of primitive cultures, she lived as in another world.

She disappeared - "Kidnapped by terrorist radicals," police said.

*

Wide avenues. The steel, the gardens, the glass of the Temple of Tomorrow.

Long line of bureaucrats watching over labor camps.

At birth, my fate was given as the secretary of the Artificial Life Nursery.

At the Academy he studied Law, the issue of summary judgment, the sub-race, the banishment of enemies.

But I visited a protective custody camp.

One day, I woke up screaming. My family was called at the police station. I ran away.

*

All the things that the words hide.

Discourse is not in speech.

I wrote in the classbook: "There is something missing."

The little boy who cleaned the windows of my building (before the progs) wanted to be a soldier. My brother wanted to be an entrepreneur.

All written information should be quick, "accurate, agile and audacious information."

We laughed at people who wanted to write without purpose.

"Only work is Wealth."

"The ideological enemies bring poverty to the nation."

"Together we are stronger".

"The police are your best friend."

"Homosexuality is a plague to the nation."

"The traitors of Liberty must pay for it."

There was a time when there were street protests. When its leaders were arrested and charged with misappropriation, their "moral degeneration" was widely reported.

If you ask strange questions you will be reported and you can stop at a protective custody field.

If speaking "utopian" things in public space can go to a field of work.

If you join for suspicious reasons you will be a "disappeared".

We need to move forward.

At our enlarged reality congress, the hymns, the flowers, hand in hand repeat the traditional songs on Saturdays in the sun.

Receive the "New Age Hero" medal.

My mother took me to the clinic when I felt anguish. There was no registered disease.

There must be something else.


*

I was fighting. I was beautiful.

They taught me Proverbs. In the old days, there was a way out.

The book talked about a hotel-environment in which one could live the war.

The book talks about "The Native Mind," as read by soldiers later accused of torture.

The book about the slaves who - after a revolt - ended up returning to the moors and idolizing the oppressors.

The book on the War on Terror and how the president planned to eliminate images of dead victims of "shock and awe," bombing broadcasters and killing journalists.

The fire broke everything. That was early on.

*

In the temple, beside the silver river, the priest hands me a strange object.

I knew it was not just quick feelings, impulses, propaganda or joke to human life.

I've never seen anything like it before.

I realize that a thought is complete there.

*

I was gone, like a dead man.

Summoning the invisible spirits.

Descending into the world of the dead.

Walking in the darkness.

Heard the Lord of the Underworld.

-

Afonso Junior Lima, 2018
https://afonsojunior.blogspot.com/2018/09/o-outro-mundo.html

Nenhum comentário: