Páginas

Ajude a manter esse blog

segunda-feira, março 12, 2018

Elizabeth Costa Spiel (English version)

(This is a rush translation. Version may not be in its final form.)

I do not think it's funny. No. The rain began at eight o'clock in the morning, at noon it was a storm, a hurricane at three o'clock. The light fell. I looked for a candle, the light was fading. Without moon. The pool, a black spot down there. The view of the valley was a black stain. I walked in the dark. My cell phone ran out of battery power, I could not read, I could not hear music, I could not fuck anyone. I thought knock on the neighbor´s door, I gave up in a second. Night was coming. And I thought it worked, when I married the right guy. He paid me a whiskey, bought me a car, and took me to his house in the mountains. Yesterday, I had television. I remembered the strange things in my life. A long fascinating life with all sorts of strange things and people. My character could talk like that.

A poor and crazy mother, who left the girl with a crazy and deaf grandmother to dance around. They dance in the dark. I never understood the whiskey, she says. Yesterday, some people died, he says. There were more than a few people, in fact, she says. I tell him, that's not enough. Can speak. That alone is not enough. As long as they stay in place, he says. My job demands a lot from me, he says. Let the best win, he says. The government said it was not going to pay wages. He has other plans. Cops do not work for free. My character could talk like that. A father died very early. The mother cried little and put flowers for three years, then tired. He, I knew him where I was working. They danced in the dark. Thinking well. I can not write in the dark. The cops do not work for free, I say. Now, we, we know. He has other plans. He needs the crisis. Then the deaths began.

Yesterday, I had television. My character could talk like that. We got along, me and her. I never missed the cutlery. We bought pearl bags together. I've never asked the wrong questions, his mother never asked the wrong questions, we're happy. The night has come. A strange feeling. Experiment cover the head with the comforter. Yesterday, some people died. They were more than a few people, actually. It's not that bad, he says. He's driving around and there's not a single cop in town. Life always finds a way, he says. Maybe I did not deserve it, my mother says. Experiment stretching, dancing in the dark. I try to eat something in the dark. Experiment to take a deep breath. I look out there. I do not see anything. Now I have to stay here alone, I thought, alone in my bed in a complete darkness in the world. Still a storm. All kinds of strange things and people. A fascinating long life.

Afonso Jr Ferreira de Lima

Nenhum comentário: